For every home and office, having an atmosphere that is free from mold and mildew is vital to maintaining a healthy living and work space for its occupants. Unfortunately, mold and mildew can develop and expand any place where there is an excessive amount of moisture. Left unchecked, the problem can quickly spread and create a health hazard for those who spend a significant amount of time in the mold or mildew impacted building. Among the health problems associated with high indoor mold spore and mildew levels are varieties of allergies and respiratory issues.
How does mold and mildew development occur in a building? There is a certain level of mold already in the atmosphere due to natural air humidity levels, which is an indication of the amount of moisture in the form of water vapor in the air. While a certain level of air humidity is normal, when excess moisture enters a home through leaky pipes, roof leaks, moisture in the basement, or poor ventilation in naturally damp environments such as the bathroom where water use is typically high, humidity levels can become too high, allowing mold spores to begin to multiply and colonize. In short, mold and mildew thrive in excessively damp, moisture laden environments. When this is the case in a house or office facility, a mold and mildew problem can quickly develop.
The key when mold or mildew is detected in a building is to act quickly to repair the source of excessive moisture, and to then begin the process of Tempe, AZ mold and mildew removal. While at first glance the job may not appear to be too complicated, the task of mold and mildew removal is one that should only be addressed by a professional. If you need a Tempe, AZ mold and mildew removal specialist, contact us today.